Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pre Spring Break Remo!

Didn't I become a teacher so I could spend spring break with my kids?  Well this spring break we are getting out house ready to sell! WOO HOO. Yeah right!  The thing about owning an older home is you never know what is underneath when you pry something off, or take something out! On the Friday before Spring break we pryed away our "built in" desk and what did we find behind it, a few photos, sorry trashed them.  And of course a water bill from like the first few years our house was in existence, coolness!!!!
Wish my water bill was only around 8$ now!!!
We found another one from 1989 but i don't have a picture!

This was friday night after work!
Saturday is somewhat of a blur but i know that sometime during the day we took up the rest of the kitchen floor.  I'm sure there was something in the glue that's affecting my memory from that day, the glue or the fumes.  I started chipping away at the floor, which is how i removed the first half or so of it, but my brother mentioned a heat gun to me for another job I'm doing and so i pull that sucker out and low and behold it makes vinyl flimsy enough to just pull right up and whatever was under the vinyl too.  But again, the fumes, yeesh!


What a mess! And no we aren't trying out blue as a cabinet color, that's peeling paint, that is also on the slate for Spring break but I'm not sure I'm going to get to it!!  Anyway, now that the floor is up it "paves" the way for laying laminate.  Anyone else worry about putting laminate in their kitchen, OMG, I'm a nervous wreck about it.  When i wash dishes I get water everywhere (as my wife likes to point out) and when we get ice, we are used to not worrying about the little pieces that break off and fly about when we drop one on the floor but now we'll have to be for sure!!!!  Monday, we'll be tackling the front door!

No comments: