Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fly Away!

So my mom went in to the hospital and it got to be pretty serious so I got a plane ticket, and in an effort to use up the time waiting for the plane, and keep my mind occupied, I gave the airport a good going over, as I haven't flown in about 13 years or so!  Things are quite different.  First of all, no plastic boarding passes, you print an email and scan it at a kiosk and boom, it prints your boarding passes for your entire trip in one swoop!  However, I don't like the paper, it reminds me of the old fax paper, really flimsy.
I didn't have to print the email!  I just used my iPhone, I knew that it could be scanned for my barcode at CVS and Big Lots (MyCard App) anyway, and I haven't had the chance to hook up the printer since I fixed it from it's crash, plus the whole getting ready and leaving for the airport in the middle of the night thing!  Anyway, it worked and it was awesome, one less piece of paper to keep up with!

Once I got through scrutiny security lots more things have changed, like this! Free internet, really! That's cool, but as I thought about it, this must be old too, everyone has internet on their phone now! I almost missed an entire life cycle of something, ha ha ha!

I was delighted to see some familiar relics of the past though!!! Phone booths!!  They could still be phone booths but are more likely jungle gyms for the little kids in the terminal.

 I labeled for the Gen Y and later readers who are like "WHAT IS THAT?"
  
Look, they didn't recycle this one, shame shame!!


I thought they didn't have these anymore, but I found one!



However, and that's a big however!!! This phone has a data port and takes credit cards....SAY WHAT, that's amazing, they retrofitted a phone with that stuff!!!  Must've been a last ditch effort to save em!

Next I saw this phone, way cool, but the iPhone 4S is making this one obsolete now! Still cool though!!



Lastly, check out this vending machine!! WOOOOOO DOGGIE....C4 is $79.99!!!  Talk about inflation, well it is a battery pack for an iPhone.  Forget ear buds, need an iPod, how 'bout a digital camera!  Seriously a vending machine with it's own TV and advertising for itself. A-MA-ZING!!!!  I did find "traditional" vending machines at the next airport, but they also take credit cards...Super Cool and Super Crazy! Thanks for reading!

No comments: