Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mobs of Weeds and Broken backs

Somehow our backyard, which btw was completely devoid of vegetation after days of record heat and drought this summer, is now the lushest green garden of eden full of weeds you have ever seen.  I mean I'm embarrassed to live here!  In my defense, all of spring break it was rainy wet (and I've had plenty of other projects on my list) so I couldn't get out there to do anything about it!!!! But I couldn't handle anymore so i spent from like 5 till dark weeding and mowing yesterday.  I had gloves on and after working on just about half of the back yard, the milkweed "milk" had gone through the gloves and stained my hand.  I showed several people at work today, weird stain, just the part of my hand i used to pull.  Someone asked why I didn't put down granules, and I was like, well they wouldn't have reached the ground, they would've all had little granule penthouse apartments!  Now that I've mowed, weed wacked, and pulled gads of weeds, you bet this normally organic person is going to douse the grass areas with a serious dose of granules and spray!!!

So this morning I needed a crane to lift me out of my bed my back was SOOOO incredibly sore, OMG!!!!! SORE!  Yes, I suppose it's true, when it comes to the physical body, I'm a moaner, HA HA HA HA!  Anyway, underneath all the weeds I found my lovely Sweet Williams (flowers) that i planted last year!  Blooming as pretty as can be and the salvia, and now you can even see the grapevine with the super tiny grape clusters, WOO HOO!  I need to catch up with Spring break, oh yes, we were on Wednesday of last week, on Thursday we went to the zoo, but those pics are on a different camera, that's a horse of a different color, I'll have to do those this weekend.


If you like reading, click the little envelope at the bottom of the page and leave a comment, or... I just added the "reactions" buttons, it's basically and expanded form of the Like Button in FB. Thanks.

No comments: