Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Prayers Answered!!

So first off, the great news!! The baby is head down!!!
YYYEEEEEAAAHHHHH!!
YYIIIIPPPPEEEEE!!!
So it seemed like such drama getting into the Docs office. I guess we were just dealing with a nurse who just didnt know what to think of a person under the care of a midwife. We always do the first couple months care at the Docs office and then transfer to the midwife. So I already have a relationship with this office, SO... I really thought it would be no big deal. But it took a couple calls and a call from Dr. Deb, AKA good friend (been at her births, shes been at mine) to call as my 'physician liaison'. She made herself available to answer any concerns or clear up any questions so I could get an apointment quickly. That was last week.
SO today I went in and the Doc was so kind and considerate and right away saw that the head was down. So then it was to answer Kevin's heart desire: Was this a boy?
Now before I tell you, I must relate to you the first time we went to the midwife once this baby was big enough to feel moving around. She had to move the little Doppler 3 times cause the baby would kick and move away. So our joke was that the baby was very private.
Well turns out he/she really is. We could not get a single look at this baby's 'parts'. Its feet were up in my ribs and knees were together so we got a good look at it's bony little booty, but that's it.
So it is still a surprise!
And Kevin is still in suspense!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Our baby boy never liked being "monitored" either. He did show us "who" he was, but he was forever running away from their doppler wands & frustrating them to no end. I'd just laugh at my energetic, private little fellow.