Thursday, August 28, 2008

Homeschooling???

I am posting a link to another blog.
It is an essay written by a 9th grader who had been homeschooled in the "unschooled" tradition...(hmm is that an odd combination of words or what)....but what I think is interesting is his perspective on the public school after attending 9th grade. Just thought those of you who were intested in homeschooling or who wondered at our thoughts in planning to do so, would find this interesting! It is not written from a christian perspective, just from an educational standpoint.
I would love your comments/thoughts!!
http://fivefreebirds.blogspot.com/2008/07/unschool-v-school.html

1 comment:

Jen said...

I read the article & found it very interesting. Whenever I hear my "unschooled" friends talk about their experiences or read something like that it makes me think, "Geez, I can do that with my kids!" But I honestly don't know that I have the patience to homeschool. It's something to think about, though.