Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Good will to all...

Our family frequents the local re-sale store that is a nationwide retailer.  Can you tell I'm trying to not say their name.  We have no beefs with our local store, we love it, we go there often, as any store they do have issues with getting sizes in the right places and mens vs. womens clothing, at least from the mans point of view.

Anyway, we love to visit this store in other cities when we are visiting or passing through.  So since we're visiting my in-laws in the big big city, we thought we would check out a couple of theirs.  YACK, these are under a different management, and they have decided to organize their clothing by color, so instead of organizing by size, its by color.  So if i want a blue long sleeve shirt, i have to look through 37 different shirts to see if they have my size.  Not cool.  The other thing is they wanted 19.99 for a no name pair of black dress shoes.  What is up with the prices?  Ok, I used to sell mens shoes and womens shoes, this was years ago, but I'm pretty sure that most of the top brands are still up at the top.  I don't want to drop names on here, anyway...

Nonetheless I have to say that I was very frustrated and disappointed and just sharing.  So i appreciate our local hmm hmm "re-saler" should we call them...even more now, i guess i'll have to talk to the manager the next time we go in.

I did finally find a pair of shoes, not for 19.99, they were 6.99, and a brand that i sold at the high end department store i used to work at.  There is one more store I think we might give it a try, I'll just have to brace myself for the worst.

A funny thing that we noticed at one of the stores, in the housewares section they had 7 George Foreman grills sitting on the shelf, side by side, different sizes, shapes and colors, I almost took a picture to share, we thought it was so funny...

No comments: